The word ‘Sairme’ means ‘a place of deers’. As per legend, deers and wild goats used to come from nearby forests to the resort. They used to assemble near mineral water sources. Hence, hunters named the place Sairme. Sairme has been a famous health resort since the 19th century.
Sairme resort belongs to Baghdati municipality of Imereti region. The resort is located 27 kilometers south-west of the district center. Mineral water sources of Sairme are located in Khanistskali River gorge, 880-1000 meters from the sea level. The average annual temperature is +8.5 oC.
Winter is mild (average temperature in January is -1 oC), with small amounts of snow. Summer is moderately hot (average temperature in August is +18 oC).Air humidity hovers between 75-85%. The most common trees around the resort are oaks, beeches, etc.
Sairme Development Company contacted the business groups, which had restored famous resorts all around the world. As a result, the famous German company Kraft is building a spa-center now. The spa-center will be equipped with the newest technologies, produced by the company.
Udabno resort is located 4 kilometers from Sairme resort. It is a resort which offers natural thermal waters to its guest for medicinal purposes.
A modern spa-center, with no analogue in Europe, is being constructed in Udabno resort now. As for medicinal properties of the thermal waters of the resort:
The 2nd type mineral water ‘Udabno’ is water of weak mineralization, with hydrocarbonate natrium alkali (ph-8.4-9.7). The Waters are thermal in nature. They also include small amounts of sulphury-hydrogene.
The Resorts Center of Georgia defined that baths of these thermal waters were of high therapeutic efficiency.
The waters are used for:Bone and muscle diseases: arthritis, polyarthritis, osteochondritis, osteoporosis, complications of fractures and traumas.
- Digestion diseases: gastritis, duodenitis, cholecystitis, hepatocholecystitis, colitis
- Gynecological diseases: vaginitis, endometritis, infertility, etc
- Urological diseases: urethritis, cystitis, prostatitis, impotence
Obesity and preventive purposes.
Sairme is a resort of a balneologic type, with gastroenterological and urological profile, with unique water treatment. Sairme springs belong to carbon mineral water and are characterized with weak acidic medium (ph=6, 1-6,5) and increased content of flint acid.
Treatment with Sairme mineral waters has a good result in healing chronic diseases of kidney and urinary tract, liver and gall-bladder, pancreas and intestine.
There are three groups of Sairme waters with chemical composition:
- Waters of this group belong to weak mineralization (1,4-3,0mg/dm3) of carbon hydrocarbonate, calcium-natrium, flint acid, iron mineral waters. Spring No.1 also enters this group.
- Waters of this group belong to weak mineralization (3,7-4,2mg/dm3) carbon hydrocarbonate, calcium, boron flint acid, iron mineral waters. Spring No.3 also enters this group.
- Waters of this group belong to weak mineralization (5,09-9,9mg/dm3) carbon, hydrocarbonate, natrium, boron, flint acid, iron mineral waters. Spring No.2 and 4 also enters this group.